Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 4 - Done (yesterday)

So I burned through a good twenty minutes of the Yoga X routine (20 of the 90 it packs.)  My legs just aren't quite in the right place to make it through this one this week.  Upon failure of the Yoga program, I put in disc 3, the Arms and Shoulders disc from Tuesday and completed it again.  I figured there's no point in wasting a good warm-up and cup of NOS Blaster (at 60 dollars a tub, I'm not wasting a drop.)  I think it's actually what I needed as I'd felt little to no discomfort throughout the day yesterday after Tuesday's workout (the initial run through the Arms and Shoulders disc.)  Today I'm feeling it.  It's still not quite as bad as the legs are, but there's enough burn there to tell me I've done something.  Tonight will be Legs and Back... and again, this is a disc I'm not sure I'll make it through this week if my legs aren't quite there yet.  Tonight, if I fail at this disc, I'll try tomorrow's disc (Kenpo X) and might even run the Arms and Shoulders disc one more time (I actually enjoy this one and this is an area I really want to see some size increase in.)  On that note, I'm going to have to get a couple of 15LB and 20LB dumbells as the 10's just aren't pushing me enough (though I've been increasing reps to be sure my arms are burning before setting down the dumbells after each exercise.)  I'm comfortable with them, but there are some exercises in the routine where a little more weight would be welcome (and then again, some where 10LB's is pushing it... the one exercise involves leaning forward with a leg back, upper arms parallel with your chest, hands hanging with weights in them... you lunge your forearm back while keeping your upper arm perfectly still until your arms are straight and the dumbells are sticking behind your back.  One time with palms up, the next with palms down, then palms up, palms down, etc... to failure.  Tony points out here that this is easy when you start with palms up, but reversed, this would be hard with almost any weight (it's actually uncomfortable with no weight at all.)  This one, even Tony (Tony Horton, instructor for P90X) switches to a much lower weight than he's accustomed to - somewhere below 20LB; they look exactly like my 10's.  I'll have these for week 3, will just stick with the 10's for the first two weeks and add reps where necessary.  As always, will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some feedback!