Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 1 (yesterday, 04/10/2011)

So Sunday I finally got started on my P90X regiment. I knew going into it that it was going to be a nightmare, but figured 'what the hell?' So far I've got to say it was the best $140 I ever spent (though I should also add I won't be buying anymore of the Shakeology mixes... damned expensive.) Went to the mall the night before to stock up on a few essentials (Whey protien - Strawberry flavored (taste like strawberry yoohoo strained through a dirty diaper,) and NOS Max... or NOS Burn... or something like that... a mixture of creatine and God knows what else (Wildberry flavored... and thankfuly, tastes much better than the Shakeology and Whey mixes...) Sunday, after loading up no the NOS mix and protien drink, I did my first round of the P90X program. Back and Shoulders followed by the Ab Ripper X program which I could only manage about 5 minutes of after doing the primary routine. I'm logging every detail as the DVD says to do: How many reps of each excercise and how heavy weights are when they are involved in the routine (I won't post all of this, that's for my own knowledge... but I'll let you know what I end up on after my three months are up.) I must say that the program straight up kicked my ass. After 50 minutes of a mind-numbing (and body-killing) workout I could barely toss the basketball when I took my daughter to the park. Nothing really hurt, it was just... dead. No strength left. Today on the other hand, I have all my strength back but every muscle in my body is screaming at me to never put in another one of those DVD's... unfortunately for them, I'll be doing the Plyometrics disc tonight (and hopefully more than 5 minutes of the Ab Ripper X program once done with Plyo.) In three months, when I'm all done, I'll post some before and after pics (if I like the results... otherwise, tough shit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some feedback!