Thursday, September 7, 2017

But First, Back On Topic

So today I got to get in my first real run since I had the car issues.  I clocked in at just a little under 3 miles in total travel before my legs said 'NOPE' and it was time to pack up.  I mention this solely because I've only been out of this habit for a week to a week and a half and already, I could feel an insane difference in the levels of stress I could put myself through.

The moral of this story, if you can avoid any breaks in your workout routines, do so.  Getting back into is a bit painful.

I'm still most likely going to be heading out again in the morning as I don't work tonight, and then again over the weekend as I've got yet another weekend off (yay me?)

But yeah, I got a little lazy around the house during this down time.  I had every intention to still work out some, even if I wasn't hitting the trails, but for whatever reason - apathy, lack of energy, the bit of backsliding I did on my diet (4 moscoto cupcakes in one night... it was worth it, don't worry,) - I just couldn't find the motivation to just get to it.  I had no delusions of grandeur, it was going to be simple: Some jogging in place, jumping jacks, sit ups, push ups, etc... but I just never made the time.  I regret that now.  But on the bright side, I think it will be all the lesson I need to keep up on my shit going forward.  Whether it's transportation, weather, or responsibility keeping me from the trails, I'll be making time to incorporate a decent routine in the home to hold me over and keep agile and weathered.

But that's it for now, I'll update soon with a link to the Recipes blog once I get some content readied up and uploaded.  I have some decent low-carb, moderate calorie meals to help keep energy up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some feedback!